Is it a sacrilege to be thankful for YouTube?
I’m not (entirely) ashamed to admit how much time I spend on the Tube – I watch funny videos and I watch sermons and I play video blogs in the background while I clean my house. As the vlogbrothers would say, it doesn’t necessarily decrease worldsuck, but it certainly increases the awesome.
Certain videos, anyway – YouTube is kind of like Ross. There’s a lot of junk, but if you’re willing to wade through it you find some real gems.
So with that in mind, here are my top ten favorite YouTube videos. They’re not in any particular order. Not unless you’re paying attention. I’m thankful for every one of them, for various reasons.
101. 99 Balloons
102. David and Goliath by the Skit Guys
103. Disney Medley by the Doo Wop Shop
“A hundred bad guys with swords!” … also the waves.
104. Idol Worship by the Skit Guys
I was just glad to hear that someone else say this.
105. If Guys Were Like Girls …
106. God and Good vs. Evil on Larry King Live
The panel on this episode of Larry King Live: John MacArthur, Deepak Chopra, Father Jim Keiter, Char Margolis, and Roger Depue.
107. God’s Chisel by the Skit Guys
108. The Shocking Message by Paul Washer
Read about the background of this video here. As Pastor Washer says, “Shouldn’t someone be disturbed?”
109. Snow Business, featuring Simon’s Cat
When I’m running low on cute, I hop on YouTube and spend some time with Simon’s Cat.
110. Stop Embarrassing Yourself by Hank Green of the vlogbrothers
What are your favorite YouTube (or GodTube or Vimeo or anything else) videos?